In Ghost Theory, you are a gifted paranormal investigator able to catch glimpses of ghosts, and equipped with all the tools modern science can provide. Using stealth and your wits to survive, you will explore the most famous real-life haunted places to cleanse them of their evil presence, all the while collecting data and evidence to ultimately solve the eternal mystery of the afterlife.
Our focus on VR means that all aspects of the game’s design and interface will contribute to your immersion, but the game will retain its chilling atmosphere even when playing on a monitor or a TV. Using live actors recorded with a stereoscopic camera, rather than 3D models, we will also offer the most realistic and terrifying encounters ever experienced. The current target platforms are Windows and Mac, but we’ll be aiming for console releases too.
Ghost Theory is NOW live on Kickstarter, so please visit the campaign page for more information: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dreadlocks/ghost-theory
- Never-before-explored setting: The rich world of paranormal phenomena has never seriously been used in a videogame before, and offers strong narrative themes, a genuine horror atmosphere, and endless gameplay opportunities.
- Real-world locations and cases: We have secured the rights to use several real haunted places, as well as their associated history, such as 30 East Drive, Pontefract, home to the most violent poltergeist in Europe. By drawing inspiration from the very best horror movies and stories, we hope to captivate players curious about the unknown.
- Engaging gameplay: Use your Clairvoyance gift to see ghosts and experience visions of past events. Use a variety of ghost hunting tools, such as a UV lamp to reveal hidden traces of ectoplasm, a pendulum to locate buried objects, holy water to cleanse possessed objects, a camera to record ghostly apparitions, and many more.
- Open-ended objectives: In non-linear levels, head straight for your target or explore hidden paths and uncover the mystery behind each haunting. Collect evidence in the form of recordings, samples, lesser specters, to fund your research and develop better equipment.
- Innovative visual presentation: Using actors filmed in stereoscopic 3D and seamlessly integrated into the game’s environments, the game offers unparalleled realism and horrifying shock moments.
- Native VR support: The game is developed from the start with VR in mind, and every aspect of the game is engineered towards providing the most immersive experience. The user interface, inventory, and overall visual feedback all emerge from the game world itself, ensuring that nothing ever reminds you’re in a videogame. Of course, the game will also be perfectly playable without a VR headset.
Coming Soon: Windows, Mac, Consoles
first-person survival horror
Game Developer Session 2015 (CZ)